2021 Home Comfort Resolutions For Your Home
I think it’s safe to say that we’re all glad to have 2020 officially behind us so we can move on to what’s in store for 2021. Before we do, here are some suggestions for new pledges you can make to the comfort and wellbeing of our families in our Massachusetts homes in 2021:
- Pay attention to the details – Home energy efficiency and comfort are as much about small changes as they are about big purchases. Commit to taking care of the basics – change your air filters regularly, keep your vents and baseboards clear, close exterior doors, caulk cracks around windows, install low-flow aerators and showerheads – the little things add up!
- Make life easier for yourself – Take advantage of convenient services that can reduce stress and help you focus more on fun and family. Sign up for EZ Pay, for example, and you’ll get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil or propane you use, while FREE automatic delivery service greatly reduces the risk of a fuel run-out. Or try paperless billing and save yourself time and a stamp!
- Re-claim your indoor climate – Managing the temperature of your home with a programmable or smart thermostat is about the easiest way to save 10 percent on your heating and cooling bills. Take an afternoon and learn how your thermostat works. If you don’t have one, strongly consider installing one: it will pay for itself the first year you own it.
- Take care of your investments – Probably the most important thing you can do for your home comfort is to get your heating and cooling system tuned up every year. Routine service pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Go for a Holden Service Plan.
- Make smart upgrades – Even if you maintain your equipment regularly, there will come a time when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate – an upgrade will usually pay for itself in a few years in the form of lower energy bills, and will provide more reliable performance in the meantime.
- On occasion, splurge – Sometimes you need to treat yourself to something new (we’ve certainly earned a treat after last year)! Whether your pleasure is a new propane hearth, a propane pool heater, or a mini-split A/C for your workspace, we’re here to make it happen.
Wave goodbye to 2020 and start 2021 out right with expert service and equipment upgrades from Holden Oil. Contact us today to learn about home comfort equipment installations in the North Shore!