8 Quick Facts About Propane
Propane is versatile, clean and green!
Propane is great at running your BBQ grill, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the things propane can do for your North Shore home or business, and the environment of the Bay State.
When you compare propane to other fuel sources, you may be surprised at all the things propane can do, and do better than the rest.
Here are eight facts about propane you may not know:
- Propane is named as an alternative fuel in the 1990 expansion of the Clean Air Act because it emits much fewer greenhouse gases than other fuel sources, and in the event of a leak, it won’t damage the soil, water or air.
- Propane’s an all-American fuel source, being made primarily right here in the United States. Did you know that the propane industry contributes $46 billion to the U.S. gross domestic product? And when you buy your propane from a local provider like Holden Oil, more of your money stays right here on the North Shore.
- Propane keeps your home warm and your showers hot by running furnaces, boilers, fireplaces, hearths and water heaters.
- Around the house, propane makes day-to-day life better. You get precise and instant temperature control when cooking on a propane gas stove, something you’re not going to get on an electric stove. And a propane clothes dryer gets your clothes dry faster and with fewer wrinkles.
- Propane space heaters can let you use unheated spaces like garages, workshops and sunrooms even in cold weather.
- Look beyond the BBQ grill when it comes to all the ways propane can enhance outdoor living. Propane can extend your summer fun with pool and spa heaters, patio heaters, fire pits, outdoor fireplaces and lighting.
- Propane is a vital fuel source for many businesses around the North Shore. It runs the stoves in restaurants, hotels, resorts and commercial and institutional kitchens. And it is a workhorse on construction sites, providing temporary heating, running backup generators and charging power tools.
- Propane autogas is being used more and more to fuel light- and medium-duty vehicle fleets and offers less maintenance, lower cost of ownership and fewer emissions. It’s being used in vehicles ranging from delivery vans to school buses and shuttles.
The professionals at Holden Oil can help you find out even more about how propane works for your North Shore home or business. Contact us today and we’ll tell you all about it!