Save money and hassles with a heating Service Plan
A home heating system is a big investment for any North Shore homeowner, and the most important way to protect that investment is to get preventative professional heating maintenance every year. The best way to do that? Choose a comprehensive Service Plan from a qualified heating and cooling contractor.
Why choose a Service Plan for your oil- or propane-fired heating equipment? Consider these great benefits:
- Fewer equipment breakdowns – Having your furnace or boiler repaired be very costly, and the vast majority (about 80 percent) of HVAC equipment breakdowns occur due to lack of maintenance and regular inspections. By having a service agreement for your equipment, you’ll get that regular maintenance at a fraction of the price of a full breakdown repair or replacement.
- Longer equipment lifespan – Replacing a heating system is costly – why do it any earlier than you have to? A great way to extend your equipment’s lifetime is – you guessed it – routine maintenance. Maintenance will prevent overwork and poor equipment function, both of which reduce its lifespan.
- Lower energy bills – An overworked or poorly functioning heating system will operate inefficiently, which will drive up energy costs. With a service agreement, your technician will keep your system working as efficiently as possible to keep your energy costs at a minimum.
- Discounted or covered repairs – If you need repairs for your heating equipment, most companies – including Holden- offer discounted or covered repairs as part of the Service Plan.
- Continued warrantee coverage – In most cases, routine professional maintenance is required to keep warrantee coverage in force for your home comfort equipment; without professional service (included in your Service Plan), you run the risk of losing warrantee coverage, which means you’ll pay for any heating equipment repairs – even those normally covered by warrantee – out of pocket.
Bonus benefit: Priority service
One last benefit that a Service Plan offers – and it’s a big one in an area like the Massachusetts, where heating systems work hard in the winter – is that you get priority service compared to non-service agreement customers. By “skipping the line”, you’ll always be among the first customers to get your life back to normal in the event of an emergency or weather-related complications. Also, you won’t have to pay any overtime rates — something that can be really expensive when you need emergency service.
Take care of your heating equipment with a comprehensive Service Plan from Holden. Contact us today learn more about the best value in heating maintenance in the North Shore.
Please note: At Holden, your safety and comfort are always our priority. We will continue to take preventative measures outlined by the CDC to ensure that your family and our team members remain healthy and that your home comfort equipment continues to run reliably during this challenging and uncertain time.