Cooling Efficiency Tips For The Rest Of Summer
We’re nearing the halfway point of summer 2020 here in Massachusetts, but we’ve still got a lot of air conditioning weather ahead of us (and the cooling bills that come with it!).
5 Ways To Keep A/C Costs Down
Want to keep your home cooling bills as low as possible the rest of the way? Here are five great ways to do it.
- Program your thermostat – Run your house slightly warmer when no one is home and when you’re sleeping; you can expect to save about 3-5 percent per day on air conditioning bills for each degree you raise the thermostat, says the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
- Set reasonable temperatures – When you are home, target a temperature of about 78 degrees – a temperature the Department of Energy says represents the best balance of comfort and energy savings.
- Check/change your air filters – A dirty air filter cuts airflow, causing your air conditioner to overwork; chronic overwork leads to lower efficiency, higher bills and costly air conditioning repairs.
- Weatherize – Little changes – like adding door sweeps to prevent conditioned air from escaping, re-caulking outside windows, or adding heat reflecting window treatments – can make a surprising difference your home cooling bill. Longer-term investments like adding insulation and duct sealing can have an even bigger impact.
- Service your equipment – Take care of needed A/C repairs quickly – the longer you put them off, the more costly your repair is likely to become. If you skipped annual air conditioning tune-up this year, it’s not too late to schedule a service call and get your cooling system back up and running at peak performance.
There’s still plenty of heat ahead of us in Summer 2020 – be smart and keep those cooling bills in check!
If you need cooling system repairs or maintenance – or want to take your whole A/C up a notch with a top quality high-efficiency ductless or central air conditioning system upgrade – we can help. Contact Holden Oil today to learn more or get a FREE, no-obligation estimate from our team of home cooling experts!